Beautify skin with non-invasive laser skin treatments in Miami, FL
Whether you are a woman or a man; a business professional, public figure, or at-home mom; regardless of your age – your complexion speaks for you, before you ever say a word. Laser skin treatments at The Nathan Clinic in Miami, FL help to make first impressions (and each one after that) positive expressions of your character.
Defining beautiful skin
An attractive complexion starts with healthy skin. It is free of acne breakouts and scarring from old blemishes. Skin is plump and hydrated, without flakiness or too much oil. Coloration is even. Pores are not obvious. Texture is refined, and skin is soft to the touch. The surface is smooth; so resilient that fine lines are not deeply etched. Skin is thick and taut, without sags, deep wrinkles, folds, or creases. It feels comfortable, and it has a fresh, radiant glow.
The vast majority of babies and children have those skin characteristics.
- Smoking – Nicotine in cigarette smoke narrows surface blood vessels in skin. With impaired circulation, skin does not get the oxygen and nutrients it needs from blood.
- Alcohol consumption – Conversely, alcohol dilates blood vessels excessively, which leads to visible broken capillaries in skin.
- Environmental pollutants – Second-hand smoke, vehicles emissions, volatile gases from new carpet and building materials, stale indoor air –all have a negative impact on skin health.
- Weather extremes – Exercise in fresh air is terrific for your skin and body. Extreme heat, cold, and dryness, however, are not. Without protection, outdoor sports can leave skin red, chapped, and scaly.
- Nutrition – Many adults do not eat enough of the fresh, whole foods that keep skin vital. Diets high in processed sugars and starches, fried foods, and salty snacks contribute to breakdown of the fibrous proteins that support skin.
- Hydration – You may moisturize the surface of your skin, but meaningful hydration comes from within. Yet most people do not drink enough plain water each day to support skin health.
- Sleep deprivation – The body releases hormones vital for cellular regeneration only during deep sleep cycles. Lack of sleep or poor sleep quality slows renewal of skin cells, leaving the complexion looking lackluster.
- Stress – Tension creates a chemical response that triggers the body to produce extra hormones like cortisol. Skin becomes sensitive and reactive, and oil gland production increases. That prompts breakouts while simultaneously slowing natural healing processes. Busy adult schedules often lack downtime for healthy stress management (exercise, meditation, massage, etc.).
- Inferior skin care products – Poor quality skin care products and cosmetics may contain a myriad of harmful toxins, that ultimately do more harm than good.
- Age – Beginning in our late 20s or early 30s, bodily processes gradually shift from growth to aging. In the case of skin, production of collagen and elastin slows. As it is unable to keep pace with depletion of these proteins, skin grows thinner and dryer and becomes lax.
- UV exposure – Ultraviolet radiation in the sun’s rays and artificial tanning devices dramatically accelerates factors which damage and age skin. UV is largely responsible for pigmentation irregularities, and aggravates most hyperpigmentation conditions. UV breaks collagen down, and dries skin. It is also the primary causative agent in formation of skin cancers.
Aging is a occurs in a variety of ways, including dynamic wrinkles, static wrinkles, photoaging, and volume loss. Only laser treatments will correct static wrinkles and photoaging that Botox and fillers cannot address. Dr. Nathan usually recommends a tailored, multimodality approach to obtain the best results for his patients. Lasers are important and necessary to improve skin texture and tone.
The laser skin treatment you need under one roof in Miami, FL
The good news is that most factors detrimental to skin quality are within your control to some extent. Even better news is that leading-edge laser skin therapies are extremely beneficial in restoring and preserving beautiful skin. Dr. Nirmal Nathan has invested in an expansive laser suite to bring the latest technological advances in skin rejuvenation to his patients in the Miami, FL area.
Laser skin resurfacing is an ablative technique using short pulses of concentrated light energy to precisely remove surface skin a layer at a time. This is usually performed with a CO2 fractionated laser that breaks the light beam into a multitude of pinpoints. Treatment vaporizes targeted skin cells, leaving surrounding cells intact for speedier healing. You can expect about ten days of downtime with ablative resurfacing, but treatment delivers significant improvement in fine lines and wrinkles reduction, as well as overall skin rejuvenation. Dr. Nathan may recommend this laser treatment for acne scars, or to liven non-responsive skin after facelift surgery.
Non-ablative therapy little or no downtime. It is an excellent choice to improve skin tone and texture without removing surface skin. Energy penetrates below the surface, creating a thermal reaction that stimulates collagen production for laser skin tightening and complexion brightening.
Intense pulsed light is the recommended sun damaged skin treatment. While not technically a laser facial, IPL technology is similar. Bursts of polychromatic light target melanin, breaking up pigments that cause age spots, freckles, and hyperpigmentation, as well as broken capillaries. This collagen stimulator refines skin texture and shrinks pores.
What about visible blood vessels, spider veins, vascular birthmarks, and leg veins? The Nathan Clinic has a laser especially for that, too. The ND-Yag laser uses a wavelength that specifically targets hema, the pigmented element of blood.
What to expect from laser skin therapy
Why do we have so many lasers? Because, at The Nathan Clinic, skin care is never one-size-fits all. Dr. Nathan is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and is an active member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. He has deep insight into skin anatomy and the effect of each type of laser on skin structure. Knowledge share is an important component of his care. He explains laser options and answers your questions. You become part of the treatment planning process, making an informed choice for a strategy that best suits your needs, schedule, lifestyle, and budget.
In keeping with this level of personalization, you receive information on how to prepare for laser treatment, the duration of your appointment, what to expect from a comfort perspective, and how many sessions will be needed for optimal results. With most laser skin treatments at our Miami, FL office, you may return to work right away. However, ongoing daily sun protection is a must to preserve results.
It is time to design a skin rejuvenation strategy that helps you feel great about your complexion. Call (305) 680-5121 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Nathan.